BOOK BOXES - Custom boxes for standard size books with Lokta* paper covering.
Lokta is my preferred covering for book boxes; other coverings available, i.e. cloth, leather, etc.
- Slip-case: $85
- Clam-shell box: $160
- Inlaid images: $25 each
- Cardstock labels: Free
*Lokta is hand-made paper from Nepal and is available in a wide variety of colors.
From Wikipedia: "Handmade lokta-based craft paper products continue to offer considerable economic sustainability for poor rural Nepalese women due to their high-quality niche market potential."
BOOK REPAIRS AND RESTORATIONS - Pricing for some common repairs.
- Re-back using Lokta paper, rescue of existing labels (as possible): $50
- Reattach front or rear cover of leather binding: $80
- Full rebind (re-case) cloth binding: $110+
- Full rebind (re-case) full leather binding: $260+
- Full rebind (re-case) 1/2 leather binding: $260+
- Full rebind (re-case) 1/4 leather binding: $160+
- Foil on leather labels: $15 each
- Marbled end-papers: $50
- Re-sewing of tex-block: Quote
- Blind-stamping or tooling: Quote